Thursday, August 16, 2007
alt-f -- move forward one word
alt-b -- move backwards one word
ctrl-a -- takes you to the begining of the command you are currently typing.
ctrl-b -- move backwards one character
ctrl-c -- kills the current command or process.
ctrl-d -- kills the shell.
ctrl-e -- takes you to the end of the command you are currently typing in.
ctrl-f -- move forward one character
ctrl-h -- deletes one letter at a time from the command you are typing in.
ctrl-l -- clear screen
ctrl-r -- does a search in the previously given commands so that you don't have to repeat long command.
ctrl-u -- clears the typing before the hotkey.
ctrl-z -- puts the currently running process in background
esc-b -- takes you back by one word while typing a command.
esc-p -- like ctrl-r lets you search through the previously given commands.
esc-. -- gives the last command you typed.
Another good reference.
Here "2T" means Press TAB twice
$ 2T - All available commands(common)
$ (string)2T - All available commands starting with (string)
$ /2T - Entire directory structure including Hidden one
$ 2T - Only Sub Dirs inside including Hidden one
$ *2T - Only Sub Dirs inside without Hidden one
$ ~2T - All Present Users on system from "/etc/passwd"
$ $2T - All Sys variables
$ @2T - Entries from "/etc/hosts"
$ =2T - Output like ls or dir
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
This attribute does not support request time values
The solution is
- include JSTL 1.1 by changing the taglib-URIs in include.jsp from
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" >
<%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt">
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core">
<%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt">
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
If you would like to force all languages to be visible regardless of whether they can be displayed properly under the active code page, set the ShowUndisplayableLanguages [Setup] section directive (new in Inno Setup 5.1.7).
refer to here.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
OLITE_SQL_TRACE = TRUE
You should see a trace file: oldb_trc.txt in your mobile client bin directory, if you are using msql to run your sql script on the Olite DB.
Monday, May 07, 2007
- xmltype is an object type, it contains XMLDATA which is a CLOB object, you can treat "column.XMLDATA" as a clob object. please refer to here.
- How to move a lob from one tablespace to another? The answer is to use 'alter table move lob(...) ...'; please refer to here.
- Create a test table with xmltype column:
- CREATE TABLE xwarehouses (
XMLTYPE warehouse_spec STORE AS CLOB
STORAGE (INITIAL 6144 NEXT 6144)
- alter table xwarehouses
STORE AS xwarehouses_seg
STORAGE (INITIAL 6144 NEXT 6144)
Friday, May 04, 2007
- Login to Mobile Manager; goto Error Queue; select the Transaction ID you are interested in; Publication Items.
- Select the Publication Item you are interested in; View records; The DML Operation most likely will show 'Error'; Check th rows you would like to change the Update DML ; Select the desired 'Update DML' from the top left drop down(to choose between insert and update, depends whether that row exists in your application database), then Click Go; You should see the DML Operation changed to the desired one, rather than Error.
- Click 'Apply'; You should see Confirmation: Changes were applied successfully.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 for all the publication items in that transaction.
- Back to Error Queue, select the Transaction you worked on, click Execute.
- Go back to Mobile Manager home page you should see your transaction in the In Queue(1).
- Refresh the page to see the MGP active, then return to Idle, make sure your Transaction does not reenter to the Error Queue.
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Please refer to here.
Make sure this flag come before your Main program name, especially when you are calling org.apache.tools.ant.Main.
Please refer here.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Here are the steps:
Right click on the icon in the upper left of the title bar
and select properties Under Options, select 'QuickEdit Mode',
hit ok Select 'Modify shortcut that started this window'
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Here is how you select an element without a specific attribute:
B[@C=''] selects B that has no C attribute or has attributePlease refer to here.
with empty value.
B[not(@C)] seelcts b that don't have a C attribute
B[not(@*)] selects B that have no attribute.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Replace with regex group:
Vi simple tutorial
You have [admin, admin1, user3], and you would like to change it to ['admin','admin1','user3']; here your are:%s\(\w\+\)/'\1'/gc
Monday, April 09, 2007
- System.out.println("Dealer Caterpillar ciężkiego używanego wyposażenia i używanych części"); when you run it, the special character corrupted.
- After you safe the java file, restart the Intellij, the special character corrupted.
Thursday, April 05, 2007
You can reload a file using a different encoding if vim wasn't able to detect the correct encoding:
Choose a font type like Courier New.
You can achieve both of these by adding the following lines in your gvim startup configuration file .vimrc:
How to comment multiple lines in vim?
Place cursor at the beginning of the first line you want to change.Now all lines selected should show the inserted text.
Move the cursor down to the last line you want to change.
Press I (The capital letter after H and before J)
Type in the text you wish to insert
Want to insert new line in file?
try \r, like:
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
To prevent Windows XP from treating compressed Zip files as a folder, go to "Start > Run" and type the following:
regsvr32 /u zipfldr
If you wish to restore native Zip support in Windows, just go back to "Start > Run" and type the following:
Project Structure->Modules->XXXEJB module->Ejb Module Settings
check whether your EJB module deployment descriptor setting exists or not, if not, then Add it.
Monday, April 02, 2007
I found that the Web Developer extension of FireFox is perfect for this task, you can create/overwrite the cookie as you want:
Just go directly to Cookie->Add Cookie
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Here are the steps I used to setup a SVN server on Windows XP:
1. Download the Subversion binary for Windows from here, and unzip it to your local drive. Note: I was using 1.4.3
2. Create your own repository like: svnadmin create /svn-win32-1.4.3/repos/dliurepo
3. Setup the svnserve as Windows service: X:\svn-win32-1.4.3\bin>sc create svnserve binpath= "c:\dev\svn-win32-1.4.3\bin\svnserve.exe --service -r X:\svn-win32-1.
4.3\repos\dliurepo" displayname= "svn server"
4. Edit the svnserve.conf in your repository conf directory add the following texts:
password-db = userfile
anon-access = read
auth-access = write
realm = test svn realm
5. Create a new file named userfile in the same directory where svnserve.conf locates with the following content:
Setup svnserve as windows service.
Version Control with Subversion.
Notes: sc command's option name includes the equal sign. Do NOT forget to put space after the option name '='.
Dump the SVN repository:
svnadmin dump <repository> > dumpfilename
Load dump into SVN repository:
svnadmin load <repository> < dumpfilename
Setup home Subversion Server with Apache.
Subversion and Apache
Having any Subversion Problem or Question? Search SVNForum
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Mark Beginning of Block : mx set mark x (x may be any letter)
Mark End of Block and "Copy'' : y`x yank from here to mark x into buffer
Mark End of Block and "Cut'' : d`x delete from here to mark x into bufferFor the whole file try:
Goto to line one: 1G
Sort from current line to end of file: !Gsort<cr>
Or if you want to think of it as one command: 1G!Gsort<cr>
Sort a range:
Move Cursor to last line to sort
mark the line with mark 'a': ma
move cursor to first line to sort
sort from current line to mark 'a': !'asort<cr>
Now what does the special chars above mean.
'!' is the vi filter command, it is followed by a movement command
that says what is being filtered. That is followed by the actual
filter cmd. The filter cmd can be any executable. In this case sort.
Since vi does not know how long the filter command name is, you have
to hit carriage return to initiate the filter.
G by itself means go to the end of the file
ma means set mark a to this line. (marks a-z exist)
'a means goto mark a.
Toos->Options->XSL->External XSL transformation program: C:\LearningZone\SAXON\SAXONb89n\bin\transform.exe -o %2 -s %1 %3
Add SAXONb89j as external XSL transformer for XML Spy
Toos->Options->XSL->External XSL transformation program:
X:\tools\java\j2sdk1.5.0_06-win32\bin\java -jar C:\LearningZone\SAXON\saxon8.jar -o %2 -s %1 %3
To use saxon 6.5.3:
X:\tools\java\j2sdk1.5.0_06-win32\bin\java -jar C:\LearningZone\SAXON\saxonDTS.jar -o %2 %1 %3
Monday, March 12, 2007
Where is the log file?
How to start Oracle Server Console?
/export/home/catused/oracle/ora_j2ee/bin/emctl start iasconsole
Please refer to here.
Friday, March 09, 2007
Here is the solution:
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
To save the file in DOS style:
To save the file in UNIX style:
Please refer to here.
SET DEFINE OFF
* You can prevent variable substigution of ampersand character(&) in SQL script, when running it in SQL*Plus.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
In file explorer: open the instance profile, for example: D:\usr\sap\C11\SYS\profile\C11_DVEBMGS00_win2k3
Stop and restart the SAP system.
NOTE: directly edit the file is not sugguested by SAP, the correct way to change a parameter is to use Tools->CCMS ->Configuration->Profile Maintenance.
- Import the profiles; Utilities->Import profiles->Of active servers
- Extended maintenance the profile; Change
- Create new parameter or edit existing parameter
- Save, activate, and restart the server.
Some SAP parameters.
How to change SAP default client?
Thursday, February 22, 2007
On export, the data will be converted from the database character set to the character set specified by NLS_LANG. In import, the database will assume that the data is in the character set specified by NLS_LANG and use that value to perform the conversion to the database character set if the two values to not match.
2. Why do we need to set this NLS_LANG user session variable before export/import ?
If your database character set is the same as your OS, you don't necessarily have to set NLS_LANG. For instance, if you have a US7ASCII db, and your OS locale is set to AMERICA_AMERICAN.US7ASCII, there won't be any problems. The only time it's really important to set this is when the db and OS settings don't match.
3.If NLS_LANG variable is not set (doesnot have any value) what would happen ?
If your database character set doesn't match your OS, the data could be garbled because the db will incorrectly transcode the data on import/export.
4. If I have to set NLS_LANG varible, what should I set it to?
Depends on what your database character set is set to (see below).
5. How can I see the characterset of my database?
select * from nls_database_parameters and look for the value set for the NLS_CHARACTERSET parameter. Don't get confused by the NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET, that's for NCHAR datatypes.
So, for instance, if your NLS_CHARACTERSET value is set to UTF8, you would set NLS_LANG to .UTF8 (the dot is important because that's actually shorthand for territory_language.characterset, or language_territory.characterset, I can never remember which comes first. In any case, use the dot). For example:
setenv NLS_LANG .UTF8
6. Where can I get more info about database charaterset and What are the valid values for database characterset and NLS_LANG varibale ?
It's all in the Oracle documentation.
Monday, February 19, 2007
How can I copy a standard table to make my own z_table. Go to transaction SE11. Then there is one option to copy table. Press that button. Enter the name of the standard table and in the Target table enter Z table name and press enter.
However, that is only partial answer to the question, it only copied the table structure, but without the content-data of the table, to copy the content(data), you may need to write small ABAP program to achieve the goal:
REPORT Z_COPYTABLEDATA .
select * from lfa1.
insert ztxlfa1 from lfa1.
write 'data copied.'.
Friday, February 09, 2007
I found a workaround, first set the ComboBox.SelectedIndex = -1 before you call ComboBox.Items.Clear()
Monday, February 05, 2007
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
It points out that Oracle does not free storage space with the delete statement. You can use alter table ... move defragments and rebuild the indexes.
SP2-0618: Cannot find the Session Identifier. Check PLUSTRACE role is enabled
SP2-0611: Error enabling STATISTICS report
- Run plustrce.sql in SYS schema if it did not run before, $ORACLE_HOME\sqlplus\admin\plustrce.sql
- Grant plustrace role to
"This view displays the status of various operations that run for longer than 6 seconds (in absolute time). These operations currently include many backup and recovery functions, statistics gathering, and query execution, and more operations are added for every Oracle release."
Further reference is here and here.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
select last_name || nvl2(length(last_name) * length(first_name), ',', null) || first_name from contact_info;
1. mstsc /v:00.00.00.00 /console
Replace 00.00.00.00 with your server's IP Address.
2. Start Terminal Services Manger (Administrative Tools -> Terminal Services Manager, or tsadmin.exe).
Here are some details.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Every time when I try to install Oracle Lite Win32 client on my desktop, the setup program always stops at "Stopping clients", finally I found out a workaround for it:
Just remove or rename the c:\windows\odbc.ini and c:\windows\polite.ini file, give the installation a retry.
Now you should have a smoother ride ;-)
Senario2: If your Oracle Lite WIN32 uninstallation program halt on "Loading 'Oracle Lite WIN32'", then you could try to kill the Oracle Lite Device Manger process (dmagent), retry the uninstallation process. You can use command line: taskkill /F /T /IM dmagent.exe